Hackathon for High School Students ‘Make School Better’
The Montenegro Science and Technology Park, the Innovation Fund, and ICT Cortex are organizing the first online hackathon for Montenegrin high school students on the topic ‘Make School Better,’ which will take place on April 27th and 28th.
The goal of the hackathon is to motivate high school students to actively participate in solving current problems in schools by using their proposals/ideas to devise ways for schools to address these issues with the involvement of students, parents, and society as a whole.
Some of the current questions/issues that teams can consider include:
- Peer violence in schools and how to solve it?
- Preserve Our Schools – how to prevent and record damage to school facilities?
- Learning during classes – attendance tracking and proper student evaluation for in-class activities.
- Active participation of students and parents in making decisions to improve schools – a portal for sharing experiences, suggesting ideas, conducting surveys, and more.
- Online library of teaching resources – a student portal for exchanging teaching materials, solution sets, etc., for all high schools.
- Healthy School – an initiative for schools to become promoters of health education, promoting healthy lifestyle habits and educating students. This initiative includes organizing regular extracurricular sports and recreational activities for students.
The organizers of the hackathon, the Montenegro Science and Technology Park, the Innovation Fund, and ICT Cortex, invite all interested high school students to apply for the hackathon and actively participate in creating an innovative environment and improving conditions for education in Montenegro.
Teams composed of a minimum of three students regularly attending any high school in Montenegro can apply for the hackathon. Team members do not have to be from the same school; in fact, it is desirable that team members come from different schools.
The TAIKAI platform will be used for the online hackathon, which seamlessly connects teams, mentors, and jury members and enables the entire competition to be held online. The platform is user-friendly, and no technical knowledge is required to participate; all you need is a good team and an innovative idea!
Teams that pass the pre-selection process will participate in the 48-hour final online competition, where, with the help of mentors, they will have the opportunity to refine their idea and prepare for the final presentation in front of the jury.
The prize pool for the hackathon has been provided by the ‘Čini dobro‘ Foundation and the Montenegro Science and Technology Park for the top three solutions:
- First prize: 500 euros
- Second prize: 300 euros
- Third prize: 200 euros
In addition, all participants will have the opportunity to meet other creative minds and industry experts, as well as potential employers.
Applications for the hackathon are open from April 5th at 12:00 PM to April 22nd at 11:59 PM.
To participate in the hackathon, registration on the TAIKAI platform is required, where participants will have the opportunity to submit their solution in text, video, or presentation format. All team members must have individual accounts registered on the platform.
REGISTER FOR THE HACKATHON on the TAIKAI platform, where you can find detailed instructions for participant registration, project submission, and other relevant information for participants.
YOUR IDEA CAN MAKE SCHOOL BETTER!
Applications close on April 22nd, and after ranking the received applications, three to five teams will be selected for the final stage of the competition, which will be held on April 27th and 28th.